Monday 4 February 2013

Studying tips for anatomy: excel sheets



In my humble opinion, studying Anatomy as a Physical Therapy student is one (if not the most) of the most challenging and interesting subjects.

We all find it difficult though because there are so many new words and details in there that it takes a lot of time to memorize but also to be able to locate and palpate.

My method is as simple as that: a little bit every day (!!) and use excel sheets to write everything in there. I believe that excel helps your brain to put everything in an order, like in small boxes. It is like your brain "scans" and "copies" the small boxes of the excel in it - at least this is how it works with my brain.

If you want you can see my own excel sheet here for the lower extremities. I created this by inserting information in there every week bit by bit and step by step. By the end of the semester I was able to remember almost everything and pass the exam quite easily with just two or three reviews. And for applied anatomy... just practice a little bit on your body..!

Have fun..!

5 comments:

  1. This is a good post. This post gives truly quality information. I’m definitely going to look into it. I really appreciate the Health Tips of your blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been studying physiotherapy in Toronto it's really quite an interesting science. It's neat to see how all of the medical sciences relate .

    ReplyDelete
  3. I might go into physiotherapy in school. http://www.immigrationlawaustralia.com.au/ I have been weary of the medical field because I don't deal with injuries well. I hope it will work out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is very important for you to read up on your injury and the anatomy of your body. That way, you will know how to treat that injury and heal quicker. Even if it's just a quick internet search. Also, physical therapy with help to tremendously decrease your healing time. http://www.mizutapt.com/our-team/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anatomy is absolutely essential for physiotherapy. I'm glad to see such a emphasis of this in your studies. Knowing why the body is injured or in pain is required to properly know how to treat it. http://www.coronationphysio.ca/About-Physiotherapy/Why-Physiotherapy/a~2803/article.html

    ReplyDelete